Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

2013 - oh how time flies.  I wonder what it has in store.  I must say I am feeling a lot more optimistic than I was just a few months ago which has a lot to do with the new friend in my life.

It is so good to have someone (once again) to share things with.  The trouble with Alzheimer's is that the person one would have shared things with has gone and in my case isn't sure who I am.

I didn't quite see the New Year in.  I went to sleep about 11 p.m. but was woken by fireworks just after midnight and just as I was nodding off again a fresh burst that sounded more like canon fire.  I heard another possum by the plum tree but the fireworks must have frightened him/her off.  I will set the trap again tonight if I remember when I get home - (going out for some smoked fish for tea).

At least it was a cooler night and the humidity has gone down which makes the weather quite pleasant.

Well, I must go and get two loads of washing in and folded before heading out.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Sue, a very Happy New Year for you in 2013 !!! I am going to start thinking you of the Possum Lady with all these possums you have been trapping *smile*. I look forward to seeing your many smiles in the New Year.. "Just Me" xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is about 22 minutes till the new year here. We went out to dinner with a group of friends who wanted to go right home after paying the bill although we invited them all over to my decorated house for an after party to celebrate. I totally understand since I am in my PJs 5 minutes after getting home. Things and us are not what we used to be,

    Happy New Year, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you remembered to say 'White Rabbit'... I did.

    I gave in to tiredness at 11pm; old age, I guess. Think yourself lucky that your washing actually dries, it's pouring here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very happy New Year to you Susan, and all best wishes for 2013. So glad you're feeling optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan - so glad that you are beginning the year on a positive and optimistic note. Today the rain has finally stopped, the sun is shinning and we have the whole year ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, I went to bed soon after eleven too. (Old age isn't funny :) I'm so glad things are a bit brighter for you - you've had a long, hard road. Love and best wishes for 2013 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had both fallen asleep in front of the TV but woke to the ringing of the phone 12 seconds to midnight. So can officially say we rang in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't stay up either, Susan, as our daughter was still recovering from flu, though I did read until midnight to see the year change. I'm glad your new friend has brought your optimism back. You need and deserve some companionship.

    ReplyDelete