Wednesday, October 9, 2013

LIFE

Apart from the walks we do and the odd day trip I also visit Max, usually three times a week.  This week he hasn't been too good mainly because he didn't have a pressure cushion.  I have been going in more frequently to make sure he is given a cushion and have suggested that, if necessary, I will buy him his own as long as it is used.

Anyway, today, when we went in he was on a cushion although not the one he should have been and he also looked a lot better.  Yesterday, he didn't look at all well.

To make matters worse yesterday Doug heard that his brother-in-law had been in a single car accident at the weekend.  He is in a critical condition.

I was not feeling particularly happy this morning.  I was ready to do some gardening and when I opened the back door just before 7 a.m.  I found a parcel. At first, I thought it was some plants I had ordered  but then realised the parcel was the wrong shape.  I picked it up and it was very light.

Last month my brother (Cro of Magnon's Meanderings posted about his woven shopping basket and I, jokingly, suggested it would be a great present for my big birthday later in the year.  Thank you brother for my Christmas/Birthday prezzie- I have already used it.  I phoned him straight away and we had a chat. The packet was an inside out dog biscuit bag.  Just the job.





The plants arrived later - they come in newspaper wrapped bundles.  

Lebanese cucumber, foxglove, chervil, basil, hanging basket mix, gazanias, and geranium.  Although the weather has been quite warm for the last few days it has turned very cold today with a strong wind.  Rain is forecast and much needed.  I hope things warm up and I can get them planted.


13 comments:

  1. Susan, you have all my best wishes for every day, cold down here, the fire is lit, Hugh on the Lazy-Boy, very aptly named lately, Super gift, a real pick-you-up much needed right now. Take care, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I hope things are improving for you. Things didn't stop there as I have just received a Christmas gift from a cousin in Canada. Every year she sends a pewter Christmas ornament and this year it has arrived really early, so a day full of parcels.

      Delete
  2. I've had my fingers crossed that it would arrive safely. 'Pedigree' bags have their uses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Max was better on your visit today; sorry about Doug's brother, very sad indeed. Here you are getting ready to plant again, and I am hoping to get what straggling veggies I can from the garden before the frost completely has its way with them. Good day ... love the woven bag, nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy - I get quite upset when Max is unwell. Mainly because he is unable to verbalise. He is living in a different time and place at present. Wanted his mother again today.

      We rarely get frost here in the north of the country. Yes, the bag was a lovely surprise. I was really only joking when I suggested it for my birthday.

      Delete
  4. How nice that your brother's gift came just in time to give a lift to your spirits. Thoughtfulness from another is such a joy to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really cheered me up and to then receive another Christmas gift on the same day. Great.

      Delete
  5. That bag is lovely, just the thing for taking to the Saturday market!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arleen's said exactly what I was thinking when I read your blog. The shopping bag is very nice - the thought just when you needed it is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Hope things are good with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cro makes out he's a hard nut but I suspect he's a sweetie really. Glad it cheered you up on not such a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear Max hasn't been well and also about Doug's brother-in-law's accident. Sometimes life just throws things at us and it can be hard to cope with.

    I love the bag Cro sent you. What a smashing present.

    ReplyDelete