Monday, April 28, 2014

THE DAYS JUST FLY.

Saturday started with Doug coming around to pick me up to go to the Growers Market (still no photo as I was so busy shopping).  Unfortunately, the "Bread Lady" wasn't there - last week she had sold out of Gluten Free Bread so I had been hoping to get some on Saturday.

It was on to the supermarket - we had just discovered an excellent chilled vacuum packed risotto and it was on special - unfortunately, they only had one left so we bought three of their organic soups as well.  No additives which is what I like and great when there is not much time.

We then drove a short distance to Mair Park to walk Sophie.  A few trees had been blown down in the short storm we had just prior to Easter.

Back to Doug's for morning tea and then my place where we had one of the soups for lunch.

Off again to the Quarry Arts Centre to the Dutch Day celebrations.










For some reason there was no Dutch entertainment just these dancers from the Cook Islands helped by the lady on the right who tried to mimic their movements.  

On Sunday we walked Sophie around Tikipunga Park meeting up with lots of other dog walkers and their dogs.  After dropping Sophie at Doug's and having a quick cuppa it was off to visit Max where I discovered the seams of a couple pairs of his trousers had come undone, then off to the gym.

One of the ladies at the Gym told Doug of a Dog walking group that meets on Saturdays so we will most likely do that next week.

After lunch Doug went home to try and catch up on some work while I fixed Max' trousers.

Today I picked Doug up (he took Sophie for a walk around his nearby streets).  We did the A.H. Reed park to Whangarei Falls walk with the Parkinson Walking Group.  It took us a couple of hours and I was surprisingly tired afterwards so after lunch at Dougs I had a short Nana nap before visiting Max on the way home and taking his trousers in for him.  I gave him his tea and a Kit-kat and he fell asleep so I stayed for 30 minutes before coming home.  

The temperature has suddenly fallen and we just had a shower although it was fine for our walk this morning.  

Off for a haircut shortly and will light the fire on my return.  

Tomorrow I have a physio appointment followed by pilates.  Hopefully, I will get a chance to do some work in the garden at some stage.


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is good to be busy, especially with the walks etc.

      Delete
  2. Weather a bit grim here at the moment.... payback time for the glorious past few weeks. Love the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are bound to get rain soon - they keep forecasting it - poor Christchurch is getting it again at present with flooding mentioned there on this morning's news.

      Delete
  3. I'm not surprised the days fly. You pack so much in, Susan, including this obviously busy but enjoyable weekend.That's a lovely park and waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful park and literally on the edge of the town.

      Delete
  4. Wow that exhausted me think I will go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned, after lunch yesterday I put my feet up and fell asleep for about 20 minutes - must say it revived me for my visit to Max.

      Delete
  5. Gosh you really do get out and about Susan - taking advantage of everything that is going on! We haven't lit the fire yet but I don't think it will be long till we do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the cold but have another incentive as my Pot Belly Stove also heats the water and I have a kettle on it which is hot enough for my porridge by the time I have had my morning shower.

      Delete
  6. It looks like a great place for a walk Susan and there's entertainment on tao too!
    Thank you for popping in to my blog and leaving your comment.
    Just letting you know if you can find veal, the butcher will mince it for you.
    If I can't get it I put three quarters pork and a quarter of lamb.
    It's not quite as good - I prefer the flavour of the veal.
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness you are a busy lady your days are so full of good things to do. Love those colourful pictures You should be as fit as a flea with all the dog walking.

    ReplyDelete