Monday, July 28, 2014

SUNSHINE

This morning our weekly Parkinson's walk was on the road around the airport at Onerahi.  The weather was perfect.  Just wonderful after weeks of rain.





To keep the warmth in during winter Doug installed a couple of cat flaps on internal doors for me.  One between the living and sleeping areas and the other (below) between the laundry (where the cat flap going outside is situated) and the hall.

The magnets on the flaps were quite strong and I found the noise of the cats coming and going in the night a bit much so Doug removed the flaps for me.  It still keeps the warmth in but is silent.

This is the face that greeted me when I went into the hall this morning.  Kath was in the laundry looking into the hall.

13 comments:

  1. Freddie has just come in through the studio cat flap; I wonder how many other cats use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to keep the outside cat flap shut at night because I had trouble with a tomcat visiting and leaving his mark in the laundry - yuk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scenery is spectacular and beautful. Love Kath, she looks a gentle soul.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a delightful cat. Very gentle but can be quite feisty with other cats. Our property is definitely HER TERRITORY.

      Delete
  4. You certainly have pretty scenery.

    Your cat peeking thru the flap is precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely walk especially on such a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Our cats have always been indoor cats so no need for a cat flap. Looks like a wonderful walk, such blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until recently my two cats were mainly outside but since I have had trouble with the tomcat visiting they are inside at night. If I move I think I will get a run attached to the house for them so they are safe.

      Delete
  6. Love your pictures especially the one of Lady Kath. Wonder what she's thinking:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most likely thinking "where is my breakfast?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have mentioned before how much I adore Calicos ... Kath is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures from your walk - what a view! Kath looks very loveable there waiting for breakfast! I'm sorry to read about your brother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to have such glorious blue skies after all your rain, Susan. Love the cat flap picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete