Thursday, September 17, 2015

Another visit to the Vet

On Tuesday Kim was not happy.  She did not eat and just wanted to sleep.  I noticed a small mark  (presumably from a cat fight).  We have lots of cats here, many of them are very large and like sitting in my flower beds waiting for birds.

Anyway, I took her off to the Vets yesterday morning and the verdict was an infection caused by a wound from a cat fight.  She was given a couple of injections (much easier than a course of tablets).

She came home and disappeared.  I looked in all her usual hiding places then finally I went into the spare bedroom that I use as an office and heard a small meow.  She had crawled into a supermarket chilly bag that was lying on its side.




This morning she is much happier.

I have set up my watering system so that when I see a cat in the garden I can go out and turn it on.  Had to do it several times yesterday to move the neighbour's cats on.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, of only they could tell us what is the trouble. I hope all goes well and tomorrow is a much better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it turned out to be simple treatment. Our cats loved shopping day just because of the empty bags. They are so funny about such things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to hide away when I'm not feeling 100% too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor baby. Cat fights can get pretty fierce and it is good that the shots worked fast. Vet appointment are expensive in U.S. but well worth it if our pets get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue, bless her little heart. They do slip away and hide when they're hurt. So glad she's on the mend again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is much better. Ever since Kath's demise she has slept on the bottom of my bed. She keeps to the corner on a fleece rug and I don't even know she is there.

    She also tends to be my shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a dear little kitty! All the cats get such comfort from hiding in confined spaces like your shopping bag. Also wherever would we be without the vets to back us up? Because you never can tell if it’s something serious without professional advice. And so thoughtful of your doctor to give her a nice quick remedy.

    Elvira Mullins @ Nelson Vets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vets I go to now are excellent. I drive past a vets at the end of the road to go to this one 5 minutes away.

      Delete