Monday, March 28, 2016

WATERFALLS

We have had wonderful weather over the Easter period but last week there was a storm which lashed the area. It was worse on Wednesday and Wednesday night.  On Thursday morning after walking Sophie in the park we called in to the Whangarei Falls which are just below the park.




These are photos I took of the same falls in July 2012.




This is a view of the river after the falls



The following day we did our weekly walk up Parihaka.  This is a small waterfall that is usually barely visible.



and the falls alongside the staircase.



This is the falls in April last year.




It is a lovely walk alongside the stream 

7 comments:

  1. The whole area up the staircase in Parahaki looks almost like a jungle - Whangarei Falls are lovely whether in full flood or more gentle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky to have all this right on our doorstep.

      I have just changed the name in my post to Parihaka - it was changed a long time ago but has now been put back to Parihaka. People still call it by both but I try to use Parihaka and only realised I had the wrong name when I read your comment.

      Delete
  2. The volume of water over the water fall looks quite a difference after the storm. Sue, thank you so much for your emails. We're getting by a day at a time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to live by water, but it's never happened. I still dream of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stream through our previous property would have made it perfect but at least we had lakes on either side.
    I really enjoy all the walks here alongside the rivers or streams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your waterfall posts, Susan.The difference in flow after the storm is very marked.

    ReplyDelete