Friday, October 7, 2016

R.I.P. MAX 10/01/1930 - 07/10/2016

Max has been deteriorating for a while now and lately he has been sleeping most of the time.  Yesterday I went in at lunchtime to feed him but he didn't want his dessert which is most unusual and he fell asleep while I was feeding him.

I still got a shock when the phone rang at about 1.10 a.m. this morning.  For some reason I was awake and thinking of my visit yesterday when I was told that on one of the regular two hourly checks they found that he had died peacefully in his sleep.  Of course, I was unable to get back to sleep and think I am running on Adrenalin at present.

Rest in Peace.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you - it was a happy release in the end and good in that he went in his sleep. It has been a tough road.

      Delete
  2. Your have had this possibility for ages now, and what a peaceful end for his life. Lots of hugs and many caring thoughts as you start a new way for yourself. Peace for Max, and for you too. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to go though which should bring you some peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good that it was so peaceful an end.

      Delete
  4. It has been a long and difficult journey for you but it still must have come as a shock - I am pleased that the end was peaceful for Max - take care Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are mixed emotions but mainly relief.

      Delete
  5. Dear Sue, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. God bless Max and may he rest in peace. A big hug for you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a long tough road, Susan. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete