Sunday, October 30, 2016

Wisteria




The two photos above are of my neighbour's wisteria.  The first was past its best and has now finished flowering.  The white one is not quite at its best yet but is still specatular.

The reason I am showing my neighbour's wisteria is that I only had flowers near the ground on mine. The sparrows ate all the buds.  It will serve its purpose of providing shade but I would have liked some flowers as well.

They have been flowering all over town so it appears as though the sparrows only targeted mine.

4 comments:

  1. I love wisteria. Your photos are lovely. Thinking a lot about you Sue - hope you're OK xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly, yes doing o.k. Had a trip up north yesterday to visit friends who were unable to travel down to the funeral. It was great to catch up and reminisce. It was an 11 hour trip (about 5 hours driving).

      Delete
  2. We now have several, both blue and white. I don't think the birds eat ours, they probably have a taste for other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had birds eat them before. There were buds on the ground so perhaps they just pulled them off for some weird reason.

      Delete