Sunday, September 17, 2017

PARANUI FALLS

On Monday our walk for people with Parkinson's Disease was one we have done previously but not for a long time.  It was quite a difficult walk, not long but very steep and often slippery and one had to hold onto trees and pull oneself up in places.  A friend told me that new steps had been put in so we tried it again.  It was thoroughly enjoyable.  We started at the same point as the walk to the Whangarei Falls and followed that track for a short way before turning off through A.H.  Reed Park itself.





This is the small stream that makes the Falls.







And to make it even better the forecast rain held off until after our walk.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love those tree ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like one I will have to put on my list for when we are up north next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't know if it is one you have done before but it was quite tricky, especially when wet. It is great now. I just love all the wonderful walks around Whangarei.

      Delete