Friday, January 19, 2018

Lemon Cardamon and Raspberry Torte.

Ever since Christmas I have been meaning to bake another one of these cakes and finally got around to it today.  It is a recipe I got from the New Zealand House and Garden Magazine and happens to be gluten free without any alteration.  There is a similar recipe here made with blueberries.  Mine has finely grated lemon peel added and I do not ice it.

It tends to be quite moist as I use frozen raspberries but is delicious like that.  The only problem is that it is so delicious it is hard not to have a second slice which is what we did this afternoon.  We are about to have another slice for our dessert now.    I am also about to make some yoghurt to have with the next slice tomorrow.  So I have just had the slice below with some ice cream and runny soy cream.



9 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds scrumptious! (Mary Berry says "scrumptious" a lot, I've noticed.) Cardamom is an unusual spice (to me, anyway.) I don't think I have ever used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I had ever used it before although I had bought some seed at some stage. It is a lovely mixture. The flavours are perfect and my stepdaughter has made it with blueberries and says it is just as good.

      Delete
  2. Yum. I know that if I made something that good, it would probably be consumed very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't eaten any yet today and it is 3.40 p.m. so doing quite well.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious Susan and well worth a try...where do you get the fresh Cardamom - or do you use dried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the dried pods by Mrs. Rogers. A bit fiddly getting the seeds out and grinding them but well worth it.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept.

    หนังไซไฟ

    ReplyDelete