The wind and on again off again rain continued yesterday and we went into town after lunch for our appointments. The traffic was so bad that I got out of the car and walked the last part to the Osteopath.
I went in to see Camille at 1 p.m. and Doug didn't arrive until about 1.30 p.m. as he was driving around trying to find a parking space. He eventually found one just out of the town area but not too far a walk.
I think that everyone who was camping or planning a day at the beach decided to go to town instead because of the nasty weather. I have not seen it that bad before and Camille said that on Thursday it was even worse with all her clients arriving late.
Today we have had less wind and the occasional shower. After walking Sophie "around the block" this morning we got started on clearing the deck ready for the painter on Monday. We are pleased with our progress and Doug will waterblast tomorrow. I will try and make a start on clearing up the garden after the storm.
We have just watched the news with the terrible storms in America and temps in the 40's for New South Wales plus roads washed out and homes flooded around New Zealand. We got off lightly.