Friday, March 23, 2018

Ranchslider Out

Yesterday was busy (aren't they all).  Doug started quite early on removing the ranchslider.  He managed to get the top and  sides free but the base would not move.  We removed the sliding door to make it lighter and still could not move it.  In the end he had to prise it out with a crowbar and then cut the screws.  My stepson, Mark, arrived with perfect timing and helped Doug get it through the gap in the wall down to the ground.

I phoned Habitat for Humanity and they came and collected it.

I finally succumbed to having a smartphone and Mark came up to help me set it up among other things so when the ranchslider was outside we did that and then went down to the Town Basin for lunch and walked along to see the Sculptures. 

Doug and I went back in the evening for the prize giving and auction.




Today, Doug haa put down the beams to level and support the floor and started to get the floor down.  This was interupted by a trip to get more timber as it is disappearing at a fast rate.



8 comments:

  1. Looking good! I steadfastly resist a smartphone; I must be a dying breed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug is still resisting. I am of two minds as to whether I have done the right thing.

      Delete
  2. Timber must be like quilting fabric, never enough on hand.This is looking better all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Coming on nicely - floor nearly finished.

      Delete
  3. I succumbed a year or so ago and I have to admit that the pesky thing is quite useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To start with I was not too sure but since Mark came and sorted some things out for me I am finding it good.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure it's going to look super when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete