Friday, September 21, 2018

ROAST BEEF AND VEGETABLES

Our butcher has just started cooking roasts.   No extra cost for the cooking but one, obviously, pays extra for the vegetables. 

We decided to try it today and it will be good in the heat of summer to have a roast meal without having the oven going.  

The meal was delicious.  I cooked the greens to go with it (no meal is complete without greens.)




LATER;

We had this for lunch as, where possible, we are having our main meal at lunchtime.  Tonight,  I have just had some of the beef with a salad of lettuce, rocket, tomato, cold roast parsnip and home made cumin and turmeric hummus.  It was delicious.


15 comments:

  1. Yummy, what a treat. While sorting and packing today I found the pink poppy seeds, so they will get a new home soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's handy; not even a Fish-n-Chip shop here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I don't eat takeaways as they usually contain gluten. This was just like a home cooked roast.

      Delete
  3. With the added benefit that your oven stays nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea. Do you prepare it and take it in the dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is a butchers shop and they have just started offering this service. You order it for a set time and then pick up and pay. (I ordered a roast for 6 people and vegetables for 2 although there are enough left for tomorrow. After that I will cook fresh vegetables).

      Delete
    2. It came wrapped in foil and I put it in my own dish when I got home.

      Delete
    3. Fantastic service. I bet it is popular.

      Delete
  5. wow...Must be delicious.
    I love greens.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, that all looks so yummy! You're eating well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do eat well. I like my food and enjoy cooking but think I will continue to get my roasts cooked for free as it was perfectly cooked and no hot kitchen over the summer months and, as Elaine pointed out, no dirty oven.

      Delete
  7. Gotta love a good old Kiwi roast meal - tonight we are having pork belly with veges on the side. As Summer nears though we'll probably cut these out and start on salads.

    ReplyDelete