Monday, October 8, 2018

"OUR PARK"

At the back of our property is a park.  It has a children's playground at one end and is well used.  There are a couple of pre-schools nearby and they use the park for the children's activities.  It is also used for ball games and  dog walking.  We are lucky as we have a gate in the back fence that leads straight into the park.

I don't know what these unusual trees are (I am sure someone will be able to tell me) but the Monarch Butterflies overwinter in them.









Here are a couple of close up photos for Gwynneth



12 comments:

  1. They are strange trees, they seem to point in all directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful neighbourhood park. Brings back memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you grow up? I know (or think) it was New Zealand but whereabouts?

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see a closer shot of those trees...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a couple more photos this morning - see above.

      Delete
    2. Just been watching programme on Pacific wildlife,including a Kakapo eating Rimu fruit...looks a bit like that, but not quite...

      Delete
  4. Fantastic that you have this at your back door. I tried looking up what trees the Monarchs overwinter on in NZ, but came up short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Monarchs seem to overwinter in various trees.

      Delete
  5. just tried the same,Bea..just one mention of Monarchs in cedar trees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure of the name of them but some of them look evergreen and some deciduous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the evergreen conifers with the multi stems that I am talking about.

      Delete