Friday, November 30, 2018

THE LAST GARDEN

This is the last garden on the trail that I am going to post about.  I had been there when I first moved to Whangarei so about 8 or 9 years ago.  There is a garden around the house with a magnificent view  over the lake that the owners made from a swampy area.   We then walked through some native bush with large rocks thrown up by a nearby volcano many moons ago.  This brought us to the other side of the lake and the walk back up to the house.

The house


The view from the house across the lake


Walking through the bush with the volcanic rocks.

The lake





10 comments:

  1. Fabulous lake; I'd like one of those at the bottom of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heck, that's a lovely area. I really like that style of house as well. One level, lots of windows does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most houses here are one level and yes it is a lovely area.

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely but I bet it’s a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of mowing to start with as well as the general gardening.

      Delete
  4. That's one big garden, I like the rocks and boulders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does not look like an easy walk, but, oh my, what a pretty view those owners have from their home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit slippery walking through the bush and then quite a hike around the lake and up the hill back to the house. Not as steep as one of the drives we walked up during the weekend.

      Delete