Sunday, October 13, 2019

THE SALT PATH

I read about Raynor Winn's book The Salt Path on someone's blog and put a "hold" on it in our local Library.  I forget where in the queue I was but I finally got the book about ten days ago.  It is about Raynor and her husband who set off to walk the South West Coast Path setting off from Minehead in Somerset after they lost their home and income and her husband was diagnosed with a rare terminal brain disease.

It is an excellent read.  When I had finished it Doug read it and suggested it should be compulsory reading.  Google it and you will find out more  but I give it a 10 out of 10.


The Salt Path

5 comments:

  1. I read about it too on someone's blog, can't remember who, but thank you.
    I've ordered it online and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like I should add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another one who read about it on a blog and as a life-long camper who also lives in Cornwall, I thought it would appeal to me. Thoroughly enjoyed it and have now passed it on to someone else. I agree with your 10 out of 10 score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an amazing story and I do read a lot of memoirs.

    ReplyDelete