Tuesday, January 28, 2020

DUST

For yesterday's walk I decided to wear my old and somewhat worn Skechers.  Towards the end of last year I tried to purchase some more of them as they are so comfortable but, as with so many things that one likes, they are no longer made so I bought something similar in a lace-up.

I mentioned that the track is very comfortable to walk on.  It is scoria and, over time, has ground to a dust, presumably helped by all the dry weather.

After the walk we went to collect a dress I had ordered for Doug's grand-daughter's wedding in March.  The one in stock here in my size had a mark on it so they ordered me one from another branch.

I wanted to try it on and got a shock when I removed first my shoes and then my socks as my socks and feet were absolutely filthy with all the dust from the track.  I was so pleased I had not worn my new pale grey shoes.


with clean socks on for this morning's walk.

8 comments:

  1. down here there is a Skechers store in Palmerston North. What a delight for me, as my foot size is on the smaller end, and I had SO many to choose from. Lately there has been an online and store sale, and I must say mine are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are wonderful aren't they. These old ones are great as so quick to put on. You are lucky being a smaller foot as my size always sells out fast. Hope you can keep cool. I see forecast next week in the 30's

      Delete
  2. I do like Skechers sneakers. They are very comfortable.

    You must show us a picture of you in your new dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dress is completely different to anything I have previously worn. Yellow with white polka dots and full length. Waiting for a top to come in for me to try in case it is cold

      Delete
  3. I like the color of your sneakers. Mauve? Enjoy your track walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More wine, like the Merlot we are drinking at present.

      Delete
  4. I've found Skechers to be a wee bit expensive for me but if they work for you then keep using them.

    ReplyDelete