Thursday, April 10, 2014

Autumn flowers

We have been having hotter days since April arrived - it has been glorious although some rain would be great for the gardens and farms.

A couple of days ago I went on my usual search for flowers for the house and ended up with these white chrysanthemums that are just coming into flower and a few of the remaining alstroemerias  with some rosemary for extra green.



The tropical frangipani was only planted in the ground last year after being in a pot for years.


 I like this single rose



which is right next to this double one



Not sure of the name of this lovely plant with small mauve and white flowers.



The hanging baskets are past their best but still keep going.


I like the Lasiandras - I also have a pale pink one.  The flowers are huge.



Another small single rose


and finally this lovely creamy white rose flowers for months.


13 comments:

  1. I really have no luck with roses; I fear they don't like me. Yours are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not a good area for growing roses here being too humid and mine get very little attention apart from dead-heading and the occasional feed when I remember.

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful I have the purple lasiandra, yes, huge blooms. Hope all is well with you, we too have had wonderful rain. Hugs, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things going better here. No rain though. Perhaps tomorrow or perhaps just a shower. Just literally a couple of drops today.

      Delete
  3. It looks like your flower garden is still doing well as you head i to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely selection of flowers you have there - I have planted quite a few more rose bushes this year I only hope they flower as well as yours have done. p.s. my wheelbarrow stays outside but undercover of the roof of the log store - I just thought your wheelbarrow 'dog kennel' was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos Sue, and the vase arrangement is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan
    Lovely to see you over at my blog!
    Your autumn garden is looking so good - mine is miserable at the mo after very little watering for the last month or so.....

    I tried to follow you via GFC but it wasn't working tonight so I'll pop back in the morning!
    Lovely that we've got things in common with our french connections!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers, it is so nice having vases full of fresh flowers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan
    I know the North is very dry - I hope you get rain soon.
    Dairy farmers are drying off way too early this season.

    GFC let me "Follow" you today so that's a positive.
    Thank you for popping in to read my post.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers, Susan. It's hard to believe you're already in autumn over there.

    ReplyDelete