Sunday, May 20, 2018

THE ROYAL WEDDING

The Broadcast started at 9 p.m. and the actual wedding not until 10 p.m. so we did not expect to watch it.  We watched an earlier programme at 7 p.m. on the first 100 days of  Meghan's introduction to Royal Life.  We did not watch the following hour long programme about the planning for the wedding but at 9 p.m. I put the television on again to have a look at the build up to the wedding.  We were so enthralled we watched until 12.30 a.m. when they were driving through Windsor.

Meghan looked radiant in a lovely simple dress and I particularly like her small bouquet and read this morning that it was made out of flowers that Prince Harry had picked.

The sermon by the Reverend Bishop Michael Curry was all about LOVE and stole the show.




We wish them the very best for a Long and Happy Life together.

15 comments:

  1. I read about the specific choices made to reflect Meghan's background and found them to be both fitting and interesting. May the attendees, bride & groom have enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story about Harry picking some of the flowers from their garden. That was so touching as was so much of this wedding. The naysayers can waste their breath on the negative, but I, and millions of others, thought it was all beautiful and wish the couple our best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree. The whole ceremony was wonderful.

      Delete
  3. The sermon certainly stole the show, but for all the wrong reasons. Otherwise a really wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so right - if there was more love in the world it would be a better place.

      Delete
  4. I wasn't going to watch it all either, but once I got sucked in I couldn't turn it off and watched right to the end. What a marvellous spectacle it was, to be sure. Pure theatre. The British do pomp and pageantry so well! I wish them both the very best for a happy life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was great wasn't it. I loved the African American element. Made it special.

      Delete
  5. It was a lovely wedding and the sun shone as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I am sure they will live happily after. That is the hope anyway.

      Delete
  6. Bishop Curry, a bit long, but he had the right thoughts about LOVE, and changing the world, if only we could. Meghan was beautiful, her gown superb, and the veil, a magnificent way to include all 53 of the Commonwealth in there. I ,too, hope they get the happiness they so deserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as you say, it was a bit long but the sentiment was right.

      Delete
  7. We never watched it I've been stuck with a nasty flu for the last few days so I went to bed straight after work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling better. As I said we did not expect to watch it but were glued to the set.

      Delete