Yesterday, it rained all day as forecast. I baked some peanut brownies for Doug and made a tamarillo and apple crumble. These jobs always take me longer than I expect. For lunch we had the last of the seafood chowder followed by the crumble with yoghurt.
In the afternoon we went across the road to our lovely neighbours to socialise and help them celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary. By the time we got back it was time to have our showers and our evening meal (the pea and ham soup I had made the previous day. I also took some to our friends who were pleased to have it for their evening meal as well.
The weather has completely changed today and we had a very pleasant walk at Totara Parklands in lovely sunshine. We didn't go for coffee as Doug had an appointment and I went home and did yet more washing as rain was forecast for tomorrow. The washing is just about dry and I have got it in. Looks like it may now be fine tomorrow but at least the washing is done.
For lunch we had a meal I have been intending to make for a while - garlic Portabello mushrooms with mashed cannellini beans and freshly picked broccoli. It was delicious and even got a tick of approval from Doug who usually likes to have some meat with his meals. This was followed once again with the crumble.
I haven't got around to slicing and freezing the bread I made on Saturday so had better get that done and put fresh sheets on the bed. I noticed there were a few plants that got knocked back by the frost but they will regrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment