Monday, May 30, 2022

SCULPTURES

We cancelled our Parkinson walk this morning because of rain but last Tuesday 4 of us from the group went to the Quarry Gardens to view the Sculpture Exhibition which ran for a week.  All the items were for sale and the majority had already sold when we viewed. The subjects and medium used varied considerably.

These are the photos I took and tomorrow I will post Doug's photos.  













I did like the bird above but, unfortunately, he was in the shade and didn't come out very clearly.

8 comments:

  1. He might be my pick too, tall and quite regal.What a stunning venue for the display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a lovely place to visit even without the sculptures.

      Delete
  2. Sorry the walk had to be cancelled due to weather. The sculptures are all very interesting. Think I might be partial to the 2nd photo, Jelly Fish? It's so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stingray and was one of my favourites.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful array of sculptures. So much imagination and talent. Lovelt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, plenty of variety and that was just a few.

      Delete
  4. I really like the stingray, Mangawhai Museum has some similar. I think everywhere has the bad weather, winter is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't been to the new Mangawhai Museum yet. Sunny day today but more rain forecast tonight. I see Kerikeri had very heavy rain at the weekend

      Delete