Friday, March 22, 2024

HYDRANGEA PANICULATA

A neighbour has several Hydrangea Paniculata Limelight plants and I was keen to get one.  I recently went to Palmers Garden Centre as I had been given a voucher for my birthday but they had sold out of them so I bought the Sundae Fraise instead.  The flowers were a lovely bright white when I purchased it but as the weather has cooled the colour has changed.


A week or so after buying this I was in Mitre 10 and they had the Limelight so I bought that.  I think I prefer the Sundae Fraise but the Limelight is nice as well and also showing signs of pink.  I am happy to have both.


8 comments:

  1. Many years ago someone in France suggested that you could smoke Hydrangea flowers to get high. Over the next few days almost all the flowers across France disappeared overnight. I never heard if they worked or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it takes all sorts. I am not interested in getting high.

      Delete
  2. Just a thought....they grow well from cuttings!
    I like the climbing hydrangea better than the mop-heads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will grow more from cuttings and are also going to grow more or the "ordinary" hydrangeas from cuttings. Hadn't heard of climbing ones but just googled them. :)

      Delete
  3. I really like hydrangeas. I buy blue ones but by the flowing summer they have turned to pink. Only one is left. It's time for a new blue one.
    We unfortunately don't get the different varieties that you find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hydrangea are so beautiful. They grow quite nicely here and I see them regularly around my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of the blue ones but I wanted these paniculata ones

      Delete