Friday, August 14, 2026

BRIGHTON

In our local paper this morning was this photo of Falmer pond.  It said it was in Sussex so I did a google search to see where Falmer is as I was brought up in Surrey right on the Sussex border.  I discovered that it is, in fact on the outskirts of Brighton just 15 miles from Worthing where my parents were living when I came out to New Zealand.  


There have been many other photos of a parched London.  England doesn't look like a green and pleasant land at the moment judging from these photos.  

Meanwhile, it is, once again, hosing down here but we keep being told that the El Nino is about to change all that.

4 comments:

  1. So dry, other places have rain, we had rain last night but the days have more sunlight and are getting warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been fine today but wet all day yesterday. Flooding and landslips further north. It seems flooding, drought, earthquakes or fires everywhere.

      Delete
  2. I've seen photos comparing areas, Stonehenge eg, with other summers. Everything is incredibly dry and brown this year. I hope these summers don't continue.
    That lake is upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised to see it, especially in our local paper.

      Delete