Thursday, June 28, 2018

LEFTOVER PORK

What to do with the leftover Pork?  I had thought of a curry but didn't really feel like it today so I steamed some rice and we had a stir fry with it.

I stir fried a chopped leek, some matchstick carrots, quartered and sliced kumara,  added some Pak Choi and cubed pork with some soy and oyster sauces.  I added some stock and thickened it with a slurry of cornflour it was delicious over the steamed rice.

Tomorrow, we will have another type of stir fry.  I will stir fry the leftover rice, add sliced kumara, sweetcorn, the pork and something green.  I will season it with a little curry powder and some soy sauce.  I expect there will be enough pork for another day but we will wait and see.  Sophie likes pork as well!

8 comments:

  1. I love fatty Pork (shoulder) in sandwiches, but I don't suppose your wild variety is very fatty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately gf bread is not the best for sandwiches, I usually toast it. Still a couple of pieces of toast with sliced pork in between sounds good. I am not keen on pork fat so no problem there.

      Delete
  2. Or you could dice some potatoes add the pork and a bit of onion, fry up the lot and call it..........hunters hash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good Doc. Will try that one day. Plenty of pork still in freezer.

      Delete
  3. yum pork, do you have crackling too? leftovers don't last long in our house, I usually take them to work for lunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No crackling with wild pork as it is skinned. The leftovers have all gone now.

      Delete
  4. Your stir-fry sounds sooo tasty.
    What about pork tacos for the next go-around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the stir fry was delicious. I have never made tacos - may try in the summer as they sound more like a summer dish to me.

      Delete