Monday, February 25, 2013

Parkinson Walk 25/02/13 Reotahi Walkway

There were 12 of us on today's walk.  We met at the Whangarei airport where some cars were pooled and we drove on to McLeod's Bay.  Another sunny day - no rain forecast until at least the end of March!!!!!!!!!

















Doug came along on this walk as well and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The photos above are his.


 We met at the airport above which is starting to go brown.






















Late yesterday I took this photo of a clump of Belladonna lilies in my garden.  Just below the belladonnas in the rock wall is a wasp nest that Doug has been trying to exterminate with wasp killer for over a fortnight.


6 comments:

  1. Lady M was supposed to have gone on an organised walk yesterday; she didn't as it was FREEZING and snowy. It's still dark, but I can see that we now have about 3 ins of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I was in snow was (I think) 1974 when we were taking the folks down to Wellington to catch their ship back to Blighty!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could share some of our snow with you? it is very damp and mild this morning here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your lovely walks make me feel very lazy and under-exercised, Susan. My only excuse is the bleak weather we're having....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful scenery! What a marvelous walk you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fantastic, Sue. It's very cold, grey and overcast here and could well have some snow in the night.

    ReplyDelete