Sunday, December 31, 2017

BIRTHDAY

Yesterday (30th) was my 74th birthday - I really don't know where the time has gone. I had a wonderful day starting with the usual early visit to the market, walking Sophie at the Town Basin and supermarket shop before breakfast.  I then had a long chat to my step-daughter who called from Australia and friends from New Zealand.  At midday we met up with four others for a leisurely lunch (3 hours) at a newish restaurant.  Most enjoyable.  Back home and a short siesta and more phone calls then a snack of delicious toasted sandwiches made by Doug.  Finally another phone call, this time from a cousin in England. (and, of course, lots of lovely presents).

 I am lucky as, apart from a troublesome shoulder, my health is good.  It has been a wonderful year for us and I hope it continues into 2018 and beyond.

Wishing everyone a Happy and, most importantly, Healthy 2018.


8 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Susan - you have had a very special year, and now it is onwards into 2018 and all that it holds for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary, and a Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Susan and I hope 2018 will be good to you and Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and I wish you Health and Happiness in 2018 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely day.Here's to 2018,hoping it brings us what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday from one Capricorn to another. All the very best for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete