Sunday, July 10, 2022

GETTING THERE

Covid has really knocked the stuffing out of us and just living has taken up all our time and energy.  We have had quite a lot of rain but then it is winter.

Anyway, yesterday (Saturday) was fine so we decided to go to the Growers' Market.  I wanted to go to the Library next to the Market so we went later than usual and arrived at about 8.40 a.m. This meant that several of the stalls had already sold out and shut down but we bought the few items we needed and enjoyed the walk around the market.  After the Library we did a small supermarket shop before going home and spending time in the garden.  I had already done a couple of loads of washing which dried nicely as I always prefer washing dried outside rather than in a dryer.

We decided that it was time we went for a walk this morning so first thing we did our favourite walk alongside the river in town.  Today is fine but cloudy and it was good to get out for a walk as we still haven't got back to our regular walks.  

When we got back I made a g.f. loaf and we both prepared the vegies and meat for a crockpot casserole which is cooking away slowly.  It was well after 2 p.m. by the time we had lunch which, luckily, was leftovers as neither of us had much energy left. 

With all the rain we have had the ferns and tree ferns were all looking good.  Have just listened to the weather forecast and we have rain and wind warnings for tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday.  Hopefully, it will be fine in the morning for the Parkinson walk.












The vegie garden is doing o.k.






 

18 comments:

  1. We have rain too, and the silver beet and broccoli are doing well.Covid, I was tired for a long time, and even now can easily have a sleep after lunch. Something I had thought I wouldn't have to do for many years. Love those ferns, somehow everything looks so much cleaner after rain. Rest lots, and have a good book on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bush was glorious after the rain. Unfortunately, we cancelled today's Parkinson walk because it had started to rain and there was a weather watch. As it turned out the rain has not been too bad although it would not have been the best walking conditions. Yes, lots of rest although I do feel I should have some exercise.

      Delete
  2. Stinking hot here, the grass is all turning beige; we could use your rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found your comment in Spam - Blogger seems to have been doing that a lot lately. I see both U.K. and most of Europe are in for some scorchers in the next few days. After several wet days a beautiful day here today but the rain returns tomorrow. I much prefer this to high temperatures.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to walk among all those pungas. I know folk who've had covid and quickly moved on and others who seem to stay down for ages afterwards, but I hope the two of you soon get your full strength back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky to have these walks right in the centre of town. I suppose our ages were against us with covid as far as long term effects are concerned.

      Delete
  4. Hope you both soon begin to feel that you have shaken off the covid virus - come the summer, I am sure that by then, you will both have put it behind you. So many people here have had covid now, but for some reason, and I know not why, it has completely avoided us throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't know how we got it as we were so careful. I hope we are feeling better by summer which seems a long way off at the moment.

      Delete
  5. Good to have a forest walk to revive.. afternoon naps are also in order to recharge your batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Covid seems to affect everyone differently, I know my boys got mild versions of it but it took me at least 6 weeks to get over it and even then I was getting tired easily after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another comment that I just found in spam. Yes, I think younger people generally fare better with covid although that is not always the case.

      Delete
  7. I hope that you will soon be feeling much more energized. We both caught Covid in March, in spite of being very careful, and our energy levels have been considerably reduced since then. I think it is a case of not pushing your body too much and just working towards a steady recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. We have been taking it easy. We did just part of this walk today with the Parkinson Walking group. We are having a cold spell and it was a bit cool under the trees. According to the computer 12° C just after midday. (while the U.K. and Europe roasts). I prefer the cool to the extra hot though.

      Delete
  8. Both veg and ferns look very happy with the current weather.
    Hopefully, the cooler weather will make your Parkinson's Walk more pleasurable than not. Take it easy, you two. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the wettest season I can remember. Our lawn is quite squelchy.

      Delete