Friday, October 13, 2023

NEW TECHNOLOGY

A couple of weeks ago, after a Microsoft update, Outlook that I use for emails suddenly became blank.  I was able to locate my emails on a website but was unable to fix the problem with Outlook.  After asking for recommendations I had a technician to look at my All-in-one desktop. I had purchased it in 2015 and this was the first problem apart from some initial teething glitches.  I had been thinking that when time came to replace it I would like a laptop and monitor.

When the technician left I mentioned to Doug that I might purchase a new one prior to Microsoft no longer  doing updates for Windows 10 and he said why not do it now and get the use of the new technology so I got a couple of quotes and have just received my new Asus Vivobook and Acer Monitor and am still using my wireless keyboard.

It is really much the same as my previous set up.  I only need to open the Vivobook to switch on and can then close it .  There are a few technical differences that I am still learning but I am thrilled with it and it is so much faster. I put the photo of the Hokianga Harbour with latest Kohu Ra ferry in the distance back as my screensaver.



10 comments:

  1. My laptop is a cheap Asus. It was great when I bought it, but it now seems to be slowing down. I think I'll replace it before Christmas, and maybe buy something with more memory. Otherwise it works perfectly. I've also experienced the screen going black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the technicalities but chose the better of the 2 quotes. It is doing all I want of it so far.

      Delete
  2. That was a good idea of Dougs. It looks great. Have fun with the new machine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the fact that it is so much faster. Makes banking and paying bills easier :)

      Delete
  3. Any new technology is always trying, but we do have to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eventually all laptops and PC's pack up, it looks like you have a good set up there, and the larger monitor is so good for viewing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my old "all-in-one" desktop I was used to a larger monitor and didn't want to go to anything smaller. This ticks all the boxes.

      Delete
  5. Definitely a sensible set up, and having a bigger monitor for...well, monitoring pictures, is ideal

    ReplyDelete