Sunday, November 12, 2023

TODAY'S GARDEN

My garden is my Happy Place.  When I go down to get the newspapers first thing in the morning I love checking the garden to see what has come up and what needs cutting back, removing or weeding.

I like the way it changes day by day.  Here are some plants from today's garden:

Cucumbers - Lebanese and apple


Tomatoes from a neighbour - she wasn't sure what variety.  one of two that she grows.




I also have two plants of a small bush tomatoe that I got at the Market.


Sugar snap peas doing well

Rhodohypoxis - I can remember buying this in Thames - would be about 30 - 40 years ago.  



The garden alongside the drive - more yellow at present

 

I do like this Echium Cottage Charm which has self-sown through the garden this year.


One of several Alstroemerias



This lavendar got a hammering and split in the last storm but we have staked it and have our fingers crossed that it will survive

I like these little poppies



I don't know the name of this - it came from a neighbour who got it from another neighbour



The lovely red rose that we have several of throughout the garden



I love this little old fashioned alstroemeria.  I call it the Christmas one.



Potatoes flowering.




18 comments:

  1. Before we left for France last May, I planted a few Cavallo Nero plants. They are still there but tiny. We might eventually get a few leaves from them. I miss Haddock's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems amazing that there is no way for you to spend longer in France if you really wanted to.

      Delete
    2. We could but we're fine as we are. Our gardener seems to be doing a good job, so all should be well next year.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful sight to have each day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is full of colour and the great promise of harvest to come, which is a joy to as see our gardens here in UK, have all started to fade until next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you have lovely autumn colour which we don't get a lot of.

      Delete
  4. Great to see such colour when our flowers are shutting down for the winter. The plant you don't know the name of looks a bit like Bladder Campion which grows here as a wildflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks similar, John, but I looked it up and I don't think it is. We have a plantswoman who comes on the Parkinson walks. She is away at present but I must remember to ask her when she returns.

      Delete
  5. Your garden looks a very happy place. It must really lift your spirits wandering through it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is a delight and would certainly be the Happy Place of many, I suspect, were they to visit you.
    I've just purchased a handful of plants from a local nursery specializing in local flora. Lupine, coastal sage, wax myrtle...I just have to figure out where they will all go. I may have purchased more than I have room for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is always my problem. I think it is every gardener's problem :)

      Delete
  7. I would love to grow Echium here but I think the frost would kill it, such a grand plant though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This echium is a bushy one and appears to be an annual but seeds everywhere. Egmont have the seeds.

      Delete
  8. Lovely to see all this colour and growth as I plunge into winter! Very cheering, Susan.

    ReplyDelete