Saturday, October 5, 2024

SATURDAY

The first weekend since the clocks went forward for daylight savings and I overslept so we didn't get to the Growers' Market until just after 7.30 a.m. only to find that all the tomatoes had sold.  I was able to get some good plants though. A punnet of beans, a couple of tomatoes, a couple of cucumber and some spring onions.  The plants are very reasonable and good quality so I am growing less from seed. 

On leaving the Market we pass the Library so I went to drop off a book that is due and noticed this bike with the wisteria growing in its basket.   I couldn't resist taking a photo to share.


Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Bikes and flowers seem made for each other, and this one is certainly pretty to behold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady M was asking me yesterday when the clocks change. I have no idea, but I suppose it's soon. I don't really know why they bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike Daylight Saving. Much prefer it light early in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for us to get tomato plants too, I can start them off on the verandah where there is good shelter. Luckily we didn't get the rain Otago had to endure. The bike, what a delight to see that and the blooms.,

    ReplyDelete