Monday, August 19, 2019

WINTER VEGETABLES

I see that it was at the end of March that I planted two mixed bundles of broccoli, Italian Broccoli and Brocoflower as well as a bundle of kale.  They were planted rather close together as there was just the one built up garden available at the time.  We also planted Swiss Chard, Rainbow Chard, spinach, leeks and beetroot in other beds.  I did not make a note of when we started picking the greens but the mixture has really worked well, the broccoli started first with the other two following on.  We have also been picking the chard, beetroot greens and spinach for a change.

I will definitely be planting the same mixture next year.






  

6 comments:

  1. It all looks very good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the very vegetables my eye doctor always encourages me to eat. And they are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my old garden we have nothing but sand and grass that's just growing here, can't beat home grown produce.

    ReplyDelete