Friday, May 4, 2012

They're at it again

It feels more like winter than autumn at present.  This morning the first thing I did was light the pot belly stove but I was still cold so lit the wood burner in the sitting room as well.  A neighbour just told me it was down to three degrees C. last night.

In spite of this the Monarch Butterflies are optimistic and yesterday I noticed eight caterpillars on a small bush that only reaches to my hip.  It will be interesting to see whether they survive.  If they reach the chrysalis stage I can always bring them indoors.



5 comments:

  1. Our spring is going so nicely, finally, I can only hope the same for your fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, just catching up with my blog reading. Hope the Monarch butterflies survive too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the monarch's flittering around in my garden enjoying the marogolds I have planted :0) You are kind to bring "them" indoors when they reach the chrysalis stage, Sue (I'd do that too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wet and cold here- I've seen a few dead bumblebees-obviously a lack of food and too cold.

    Hi, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels more like winter than spring here! That's such a lovely thing to do - butterfly nurturing.... everyone should do it! :)

    ReplyDelete