Monday, December 31, 2018

AND THE GENDER IS......

Yesterday was quite an eventful day.  Quiet with lots of phone calls, emails etc. but just after I had viewed the birthday video from blogger (and brother) Cro my computer shut down with the message "from Microsoft" that I had to phone them on a particular number in order to unlock it.  I immediately switched it off, unplugged and checked with my stepson who told me to turn it on again after about ten minutes.  I waited 15 to 20 minutes and, luckily, everything seems to be all right.  It all looked so real - I can understand why people are taken in by it.  

We also had a message from Doug's grandson telling us that there is another dinner at his sister's farm tonight when they are going to divulge the gender of their baby due in May.  He asked if we wanted to go out there but we declined so they came here for lunch today and told us the news (not mine to share).  

I started the day with my morning walk at 6 a.m. and then watered the vegetable garden and picked today's vegies, various beans, cucumbers and courgette plus a lettuce.  For lunch we had a ham, feta and roast vegetable frittata with a bean and tomato salad, lettuce and a cucumber salad followed by a bowl of cherries.  Doug has been working on the new hutch dresser - a lot of work.

9 comments:

  1. Lunch sounds delicious, and computer scams, not what we want at any time. Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean and may you have a happy and healthy 2019 in your new home.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got the computer working without any trouble.
    Your lunch sounds so fresh and tasty. Wonderful when it's from your garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, these computer scams keep happening. I am glad your stepson was there to help you.

    Happy, Happy New Year, Sue. I hope 2019 will be kind to you and Doug. A new great-grandchild is a wonderful thing to look forward to in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, stepson is not here but he was able to advise me. This will be the first great-grandchild who lives nearby. The next nearest are a couple of hours away and the others in Perth, Western Australia. Happy New Year to you as well Arleen.

      Delete
  4. We all panic when faced with computer problems... and could do without them being just plain stupid money making scams. Burning at the stake is too good for them!

    ReplyDelete