Wednesday, February 27, 2019

CONTENTMENT

This morning I looked out of my bedroom window to see Kim fast asleep on a small shelf above the door of her run.  It was unusual to see her there as she is usually on the deck outside her cat door.  When I was in her run later she came out and I shut the door.  The weather has cooled down considerably but I am happy with that.  The forecast for the next 10 days is in the early 20's which will be why Kim found some sun to sleep in this morning.


We have had a busy week and busy day and it was only late afternoon when she didn't appear for her meal that I realised that neither of us had opened her cat door this morning and she was locked out.  She still seemed content though and was lying on the cat deck outside her door.

I am still busy with the peaches and tomatoes and today we have been putting the new furniture into the spare bedroom.  Tomorrow is the last class for the Defensive Driving School and we have homework to do but I think we are both too exhausted to do it tonight.  I still have the peaches I cooked this morning to bag up and freeze.  Tomorrow as well as the homework we are going to look at a property for one of Doug's daughters and buy a couple of duvet covers as the ones we ordered were no longer available.  Pity we weren't told that earlier as we could have looked yesterday when we were buying curtains.  Oh, and there are still plenty of peaches to cook and tomatoes to freeze.

12 comments:

  1. Good news about the weather!
    It's nice to be busy with positive things such as: food, cat, furniture, buying things. You've got good reason to feel contented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty to be positive about at the moment. We are very lucky.

      Delete
  2. Occasionally I have left one of them outside and they are most indignant when I open the door and let them in, strutting past making me feel so guilty. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time and we will be extra careful now.

      Delete
  3. Kim looks like she's living the life. :) Good to read that the temps have come down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is far happier here than she was in my previous house.
      There were large cats next door that invaded her space. Here she just keeps to her part of the garden and is inside at night. Yes, the cooler weather is great.

      Delete
  4. Perfect weather for cat naps!
    Your freezer is going to provide a lot of summery dishes in winter. Good qork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is lovely to have the summer fruit and tomatoes in winter. The quite large chest freezer is getting full.

      Delete
  5. Cats have a wonderful ability to always find the perfect spot for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they find the perfect spot. Right now at 8.10 p.m. she is fast asleep on my bed.

      Delete
  6. It's cooled down nicely here too, more than happy with it myself.

    ReplyDelete