Friday, May 3, 2019

VEGETABLES

I just looked back and see that I planted most of our greens on March 30th so that is almost five weeks ago.  I am pleased with their progress.

                    This is the seedlings prior to planting - quite a few were for the flower garden.




                                                                     and this is now 





I have just planted out a punnet of beetroot seedlings.  Last year was the first time we had grown them from seedlings and were very pleased with the result.  I had a punnet which would normally hold 6 seedlings but have just counted and there were 40.  Now all I have to do is wait.  We only have one plant of the last lot left so will have to rely on the Market for beetroot a while

6 comments:

  1. I've sown a row of Beetroot this year, I don't usually bother. I hope I can eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have used more this year than ever, mainly grated raw and roasted

      Delete
  2. You're a family of green thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both seem to enjoy growing and cooking the vegies.

      Delete