Wednesday, May 26, 2021

ON THE MEND

Finally, I think we are on the mend, not coughing as much .  It is just over 4 weeks since we cancelled our flu jabs because of the cough/cold and we have still not had them but we did go to the Podiatrist yesterday and it was lovely to have my feet tended to as well as my annual diabetic foot check.  

We also went to the vets to get a further supply of antibiotics for Bobby as, although he started to improve, he then started sneezing again.  He is happily lazing in a weak sun at present.

The weather has not been good - cold with intermittent showers - so we have not done much at all.  Morning crossword and Sudoku and, later in the day, the code cracker.  Apart from that keeping the fire stoked and cooking lunch has been enough for us as we have not had any energy.

I did manage to get outside about a week ago and re-pot three hyacinth bulbs into a larger pot.  Once we are fully recovered  and we have some sunshine I have kale and broccoli seedlings that need planting out.  A while ago I hurriedly sowed several different varieties and they could do with pricking out.

The Tagetes Lemmonii and Pyrostegia give a nice splash of colour when looking out of the dining room window (photo through window).



10 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're both on the mend! I too have been planting out Kale and Swiss Chard, we'll get to eat some of it but most will go to a nice Dutch neighbour when we're away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure when I will be able to plant these out. Depends on the weather. Too cold today.

      Delete
  2. That flu you had sounds like it really put you through the wringer, it's good you're both getting over it though. I forgot to buy bulbs this year and I think it's too late to plant them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope we are getting over it. The hyacinths were three in a pot I bought in flower last year that I should have re-potted earlier.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're both feeling a bit brighter, it's been a while. It's that time of year when we should be getting nearer Summer and you're getting nearer Winter and both of our weather seems the same. It's been unseasonally cold and wet, so I too am waiting to put some plants out. Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather is topsy turvy the world over.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you feel you are on the mend. Take special care of yourselves over the next few weeks so you recover properly. Hugz, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really knocked us so we will take it easy. Still need our flu jabs followed by covid.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear that you are both feeling better.
    You are probably having more pleasant weather than us !!

    ReplyDelete