Thursday, March 3, 2022

UKRAINE AND GUAVAS

 A few days ago we commented that the flag on top of Doug's windmill needed refreshing.  Yesterday, it was given new colours in support of Ukraine.


Red guavas are quite a small fruit and drop when ripe which often means missing them as they fall to the ground.  Yesterday, I set up an old net curtain to catch the fruit as it falls.  I  have already had a few early fruit.  


Linda asked for a photo of the guava fruit so here is one from the internet.




14 comments:

  1. your guava are a long way ahead of ours, and I think the bush might be the golden variety.I prefer the red, and a flag for Ukraine , did you sew that up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the larger tree ripening so far. Flag is metal.

      Delete
  2. Im not a guava fan myself, I find them a bit sour but it's good to support Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever tasted guava - another gaping hole in my education! Nice flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get the larger tropical ones in tins here but I prefer these smaller ones.

      Delete
  4. The flag is a great idea. Shows how the rest of the world feels about Ukraine!
    You'll have to photo a guava. I'm sure I've eaten them but have completely forgotten even what they look like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I have posted a photo from the web for you.

      Delete
  5. Well done on the new flag..and good idea to catch the falling fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they need to be ripened on the tree and it is easy to miss them.

      Delete
  6. I've never been that keen on guavas but my husband used to love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat them off the tree and think of them as vitamin C pills. Luckily, I like them.

      Delete
  7. Good for you for flying the flag, Ukraine needs every bit of help that we can give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so hard to watch what is happening over there.

      Delete