Saturday, June 24, 2023

SHORTEST DAY

It is good to have the shortest day out of the way.  I know we have the majority of winter still to come but at least it will start to get lighter in the mornings.  

We seem to have been particularly busy lately with something on every day of the week. Last Friday I had to have YAG laser treatment on my right eye as my vision had become blurred.  I had the left one done last August.  Unfortunately, the night before my cellphone had given up the ghost so it was in to town to buy a new phone which took an hour then it took another hour to transfer everything from the old phone to the new so we went to have my eye done and then went back to collect it.  Of course, it took me most of the rest of the day to sort the phone out with various passwords needing to be added.

Generally things have been going well though.  Last Monday our Parkinson walk was from A.H. Reed Park to the Whangarei Falls.  The path was a bit muddy in places as we have had a lot of rain but everyone enjoyed the walk.


These, growing on a tree near the falls, looked like tiny mushrooms
.


Looking back up the river from the Falls






The Mexican Marigold that we purchased a couple of years ago provides some much needed colour in our winter garden.  It grows easily from cuttings so we have it all over the place. 



12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful waterfall that is. Mother Nature does a very good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Falls are a 15 minute walk from our house.

      Delete
  2. It seems to be rain rain rain whenever I look at your forecast. But not enough to stop you walking thank goodness. The scenery is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tairawhiti is under yet another red heavy rain warning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that you had your cataracts done not too long ago - was the laser treatment result of something to do with that surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it was about three years ago. I thought that after cataract surgery my eyes would be fine but had the laser treatment on my left eye in August as I was having trouble reading. This is the explanation from Mr Google.

      Sometimes blurry vision is caused by PCO, a fairly common complication that can occur weeks, months or (more frequently) years after cataract surgery. It happens when the lens capsule, the membrane that holds your new, intraocular lens in place, becomes hazy or wrinkled and starts to cloud vision.

      Delete
  5. A good walk. Those Falls are a lovely sight...I can just imagine the sounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that waterfall - it couldn't be improved upon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful waterfall, you are lucky to have it so close to your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are a few waterfalls nearby. This is the best.

      Delete