Wednesday, January 3, 2024

JANUARY 3rd

 A bit cooler with cloud cover today.  I managed to get around to weeding then feeding the tomatoes.  I should have put sun cream  on as I noticed on Metservice later that the UV level is dangerous.  I hadn't planned to be in the garden for long but ended up doing more than intended.

Anyway, the top photo is of a tomato I bought at the Market called Red Patio Bush.  I was expecting both the plant and tomatoes to be smaller.




These are the small German ones.


and ones from a neighbour who wasn't sure what they were as she had mixed all her seed up.


the garden itself.


Meanwhile, over near Forster in New South Wales my stepdaughter has these. Yesterday's harvest - well ahead of ours and such lovely colours.  She had just found all those cucumbers hiding (overgrown Lebanese cucumbers).


On my birthday her brother and I decided it is time to go and visit her so watch this space.

10 comments:

  1. The best Tomato I grew was simply called 'Portuguese'. It was apparently discovered by an American who was so impressed by a few slices of it in a sandwich whilst on holiday, that he picked out a few seeds and cultivated them back in the US. If they are available; try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled it and came across da Costa's Portuguese but not available here. There are very strict import rules.

      Delete
  2. During these storms we can only dream of harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good crop and variety of tomatoes. You'll be enjoying lots of fresh salads. And making sauces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making some sauces but mainly freezing excess (as is packed in freezer bags).

      Delete
  4. Your tomatoes look good. Ours are still growing in pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be plenty when they finally ripen. I have grown in pots previously.

      Delete
  5. It all looks very productive - I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your turn will come although I know you have less vegie garden now. (I assume you have some).

      Delete