Tuesday, April 16, 2024

CHRYSANTHEMUMS

I always have a vase of flowers in the house, usually on the dining table and pick them from the garden.  This week at the Growers' Market I noticed some bunches of Chrysanthemums and just had to have them.  I had some growing in my previous garden but none here.  I have always enjoyed their unusual scent and like the colour of these ones.  They were the princely sum of $4.00 (GBP 1.89) and there were enough for a vase on the dining table and a smaller vase in the lounge.

I have been keeping an eye on the Hydrangea Paniculata Sundae Fraise as it has been changing colour and picked three stems yesterday hoping that they dry to a pleasant colour.  Not sure, I may have left them a bit late.






8 comments:

  1. Used to have some of those in my mother's garden - you can't beat the tried and trusted favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will stick them all in the ground when spent to try and root them.

      Delete
  2. $4, that's a bargain for sure and a lovely colour. I tried drying hydrangea but they all faded to a dull fawn. I have read somewhere to use oil???:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, great value especially if I can root them. I picked one of the hydrangeas when it was paler and put it in a vase of water. It dried and didn't go brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are one of my favourite flowers. We've got loads of calendular and lavender here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four dollars for such a bounty. Not bad, indeed!
    I cut a small handful of calla lilies the other day from the back garden. They are in a vase on the coffee table as I write this reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I normally do, pick from the garden.

      Delete