Tuesday, May 7, 2024

HEARING AIDS

For many years now I have had hearing checks and always been told I need aids.  Finally, I have agreed to get them as I know I have some hearing loss.  On Thursday I had them fitted.  As suggested, I am only wearing them for part of the day while I get used to them but, so far, they are not as bad as I had feared and I can hear.  I had worried because I have very small ears but they are good.

One of my problems is that people with Parkinsons' Disease tend to speak quite quietly so I have had a problem with that.  Can that grey haired lady really be me?






12 comments:

  1. Beautiful silver and pewter hair, not grey. Your hearing aids are far more discreet than your old ear trumpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so much easier to wear !!! My hairdresser today said those of us at our age with short hair, and even with hearing aids as I have in the ear ones, )should wear drop earrings. yours look very neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should wear earrings more often. 🙂

      Delete
    2. My hairdresser was very observant and noticed I had pierced ears. He is so good with my thin hair and says he cuts it to add some height to my already small stature !!!

      Delete
    3. He sounds a great hairdresser.

      Delete
  3. They have improved hearing aids in so many ways in recent years. I had to look twice at the photo to see the aid at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very neat - do you get them free in NZ or have to go private?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Private. Some Government assistance and Veterans get extra assistance. I went to Specsavers who have recently started to have hearing aids here and they were a lot cheaper. (About half the price of other ones)

      Delete
  5. Lady M has recently had hearing aids. She doesn't like them, and says they make everything sound tinny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still getting used to mine but it is good being able to hear more clearly.

      Delete