Monday, June 10, 2024

THE LOOP

We had a miserable weekend weather-wise.  It wasn't cold but was cloudy/misty with drizzle and no sun.  The forecast for this morning's Parkinson's walk wasn't much better but, luckily, the clouds lifted early and we had a lovely walk with warm sunshine.  

We do the larger part of the walk before we get to the cafe leaving just a short stretch back to the cars.  The walk is 4.2 kms long .  While we were waiting for our teas I took some photos.






After the cafe we go past the Rolling Ball Clock.  I can't remember whether I have posted about it before but I find it fascinating.  I find it quite hard to get a good photo because of the reflection from the glass.  The top two photos are mine and the bottom one stolen from the internet.  If anyone is interested you can see more about it here.








8 comments:

  1. There's a water-driven clock in nearby Cahors that always fascinates me. It's very accurate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little man peddling and all the balls rolling are fascinating. Apparently, it gets checked twice a year for daylight savings and keeps perfect time.

      Delete
  2. A nice place to end a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely walk with perfect weather after such a miserable weekend.

      Delete
  3. You had lovely blue skies. It looks ideal for walking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything it got a bit hot. Welcome at this time of year.

      Delete
  4. Delightful photos. I think I spy a bit of Hundertwasser in the first image. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete