Sunday, January 10, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX

My lovely hubby is 86 years old today.  His daughter sent him some "Happy Birthday" balloons so Doug blew four of them up for me.  

I had some soft jubes (jelly sweets) for him, some cherries that I had cut in half and stoned and some Belgian chocolate milk along with a couple of birthday cards.



I went in to the Rest Home just before morning tea and several staff and residents came and wished him Happy Birthday when they saw the balloons.  

He enjoyed the cherries and chocolate milk as well as half a muffin. I tried to get a photo of him smiling but he was not in a smiling mood today.  Unfortunately, I don't think he realised it was his birthday.

8 comments:

  1. Sadness mixed in with happiness, Susan, you do so well to be cheerful. This is such a cruel affliction, my cousin who lived at Ngunguru at the time, had the same. Enjoy today, we have 7 C, coolish, and at 6.30 a.m. the promise of another hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is such a cruel disease. I did find yesterday very difficult but try to keep a smile on my face. The only good thing is that he doesn't know what is going on (or I hope he doesn't anyway.

      26 degrees here just before midday. Quiite cloudy and not sure if we will get showers or not.

      I hope Hugh is enjoying his ipad.

      Delete
  2. Nancy's comment echo's how I'm thinking. Bless Max and bless you too, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope things are going well for both of you. You are in my thoughts.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Max enjoyed his birthday treats.

    ReplyDelete