Sunday, October 28, 2018

THE SUNROOM IS SO USEFUL

It has been a busy week as usual.  We have been busy weeding and getting seeds and plants into the garden.  On Thursday we went down to see Gibbs Farm and I have lots of photos to go through when I get a chance.

I have been moving furniture and taking pictures down and Doug got the lawns mowed.  The new sunroom which had been sorted out is now full of furniture ready for the painter to come on Tuesday morning - he will paint the hall and lounge and possibly the dining room as well.  

Tomorrow, as usual, it is the Parkinson walk in the morning and then we will check that everything is ready for Tuesday morning.  I am pleased I persuaded Doug that we should get the painter in to save him this job.  






The foxglove in the drive is looking good.  Hopefully, I will get a chance to sort the photos from Gibbs Farm on Tuesday or Wednesday.  

12 comments:

  1. In all the years I lived in the Kaipara I never visited Gibbs Farm but I wish I had. As for seeds, I got given some sunflower ones so I need to plant them now up against our fence in the back of the vege garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved some sunflower seeds from last year and haven't put them in yet. Tomorrow perhaps.

      Delete
  2. We're asked not to sow Sunflowers, because the acres that are grown around us are for seed, and could become contaminated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No commercial growing of sunflowers here. I grew about half a dozen last year for the first time. They were given out by our local supermarket along with other seeds and did well. I have saved some seed so will see how it goes.

      Delete
  3. How nice it will be to have your house ready for the summer - and your sunroom back! I remember my parent's sunroom. We always had morning and afternoon tea out there and watched the activities of the birds outside in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be good to have everything sorted for summer, although I am sure there will always be more to do.

      Delete
  4. My first foxglove is almost showing some flowers. Wonderful to have a tradesman do the hard and technical part of any change or renovation. You will be so happy to have it all done by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have quite a few in flower now and more with buds. It will be a nice change to have the work done by a tradesman instead of Doug doing it all. Getting close to your move now!!!!

      Delete
  5. So much better than painting yourself. It's always a big chore no matter how small the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. moving towards the finished job,good to see it...now you can enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The foxglove look lovely. The sunroom seems to make for a good storage space, when needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a good idea to get someone to do the painting. After doing most household jobs ourselves, we decided it was time to hire others. We hate to part with the money, but better that than part with our bodies. Besides, it does get done faster and usually better and our old bones don't hurt.

    That Foxglove is lovely.

    ReplyDelete