Thursday, April 28, 2022

Monday

On Monday we had done a couple of jobs, had lunch and were just about to put our feet up for an early siesta when the phone rang and it was one of Doug's nephews.  He had been fishing and would we like some smoked Kahawai.  Yes please.  All thoughts of a rest were abandoned and we drove the 20 minutes to pick up the fish.  Of course, one has a catch up while there so by the time we got home and took the fish off the bones it was time for our "tea" which was delicious smoked fish in a white sauce on toast.

We had some mashed vegies in the fridge so next day it was smoked fish patties which were just as good.  Four packs of smoked fish in the freezer.  I must say it was some of the nicest smoked fish we have had.


We are starting to feel better and yesterday I finally got around to making a double batch of banana and blueberry muffins so the freezer is well stocked.



This morning we managed a walk, only short but at least it is a start.  

16 comments:

  1. I will follow your progress and hope I do as well, to the letter box is all I did today!! the smoked fish, cannot remember the last time we had freshly caught and smoked fish, it is SO much tastier than that in any shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are starting to feel a bit better. It was a very small walk but at least a start. Yes, the fish was delicious. Pity you are not closer.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I have to confess my mouth is watering at the thought of that fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for starting walking again..we started yesterday afternoon. Its a long steady haul to get back to full health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We plan a slightly longer walk tomorrow. Pleased Pirate is improving.

      Delete
  4. Pleased to hear that you are both making good progress. Thank goodness, that as long as you are well and truly vaccinated, the covid seems to be thwarted. I think that these jabs will be with us, rather like the flu jabs for years and years to come.
    The smoked fish does look really good and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say, am sure it will be regular Covid vaccinations as well as the flu ones. It is good to finally feel as though we are improving although still get tired very quickly. Yes, the smoked fish was delicious.

      Delete
  5. I'd love to taste some of that smoked fish. We don't get anything smoked here, well maybe ham. I can imagine the taste. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading on another blog about comments going into a spam folder I checked and found yours and Amy's plus a heap of real spam. Doug's nephew has smoking down to a fine srt.

      Delete
  6. Gotta love fresh fish, smoked kahawai is the best cos it's such an oily fish, usually any we get goes into a pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above I just found your comment in Spam. Yes, a pie is also a great way for smoked kagawa.

      Delete
  7. Good to hear you're both feeling better. I'm not a fish eater, but wonder if I might like smoked fish better than fish fish. Your muffins look sooooooo good, can you send one my way. I sipping coffee as we chat and it would go well with my coffee.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could. They are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waving hi as I make my blog rounds, hoping you're doing well.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy. Still improving. Finally had our flu shots yesterday. Keeping busy but still tire quickly.

      Delete