Saturday, December 3, 2022

NEW POTATOES

I dug the first of our new potatoes today (Cliff Kidney).  They were delicious with homegrown beans, courgette and baby carrots.  No photo as we ate them straight away with some sausages.  Actually, if I had realised I was going to dig the potatoes I may not have cooked the sausages as the vegetables were  delicious on their own.

 It is a beautiful day today let summer begin.  Doug did some more work on the fence and is ready to put the top rail up tomorrow.  I did some more weeding.  We stopped work as the sun was too strong.

10 comments:

  1. Warm down here too, early spuds, nothing like that in the shops, home grown is the best by far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were delicious. I have some old Agria but will keep them for roasting. We were hoping to have new in time for Christmas but these are even earlier. So glad we planted them.

      Delete
  2. Our purple potatoes are beginning to flower but not ready for harvest yet. I love new potatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper, and served with chopped mint and lots of butter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These didn't flower although the later ones(agria) have but they are dying down and are lovely spuds.

      Delete
  3. Fresh potatoes! Yum. Many years since I've tasted those and the last time was in NZ . Steamed with butter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Makes me think that we may plant some tatties in a bag when we get back to Scotland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't grow any last year and then went mad and bought two bags this year - so pleased we did.

      Delete
  5. So nice growing your own veges, we discovered someone has planted potatoes here so we are waiting for them to be ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to find potatoes already planted. I like to grow as many of our vegies as possible.

      Delete