Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Our view

Yesterday when I posted photos of our Sunflowers and the huge cosmos At Rivercrest Cottage commented that it was nice to look out and see green so I thought I would take some photos of the view from the front of the house.  The houses on our side of the road are higher than those on the other side so we look out over them.  Admittedly, we do look across at the houses but I enjoy the greenery.





It has been cooler for the last few days but is forecast to go back to 27 and 28 degrees for the rest of the week with the possibility of some  much needed light rain on Saturday.  I  wont hold my breath though.

10 comments:

  1. Your view is lovely, Susan. I hope you get your needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not looking good on the rain front - just checked the forecast and it has disappeared. No rain mentioned for the next ten days...

      Delete
  2. The neighbourhood looks tidy and looked after, I'm with you on the rain, it's so dry here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an older street but has established trees and, as you say is tidy and looked after. As I just said the rain has vanished from the forecast.

      Delete
  3. Love the windmill!
    We are in the mid twenties here today.. showers maybe tomorrow..today's just turned out to be grey clouds..but possibly they had rain the other side of the river!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late 20's here as well but sunny with a good breeze. The washing dried quickly.

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely view, Susan. And, like gz, I really dig that wee windmill. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windmill is another of Doug's projects. It is fully working.

      Delete
  5. It looks like a lovely, green and clean neighborhood!
    I'm fascinated by the windmill. That's a fine, beneficial project, which converts wind power into mechanical/electric energy, useful in pumping water or grinding grains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your photos and these make me so homesick. Wonderful wide streets. Everything so clean. Beautiful green lawns and colourful gardens.
    Love the windmill. Nzers are so creative

    ReplyDelete