Thursday, January 17, 2019

WONDERFUL SERVICE.

I had a couple of incidents of great service yesterday.

The first involved my smart phone.  As the motherboard was recently replaced I have to re-install all the apps that I had on it.  I was installing one of the apps when I got a message from Samsung that I did not fully understand or know what to do about.  

I looked on the service sheet for the recent work and phoned the number on it expecting to get through to the New Zealand Service Department.  Instead I got through to a lovely man in the Philippines.  He was able to solve the problem remotely and also sorted out a couple of small issues I had not yet tackled and said that if I had any other problems to give them a call.  I didn't realise that such good service still existed.  (This was all on a freephone call).

The other instance started several months ago.  We often use chopped tomatoes from a company  called  Della Peruta Vincenzo S.p.a , we also found some baked beans from the same company that Doug found delicious but I wasn't sure whether they were gluten free or not.  I emailed them and got a prompt reply saying they were checking and would get back to me.  I heard nothing until yesterday morning when I got an email from a different lady at this company.  It appears the first lady left the company and she was going through the contacts and emailed me their brochure thinking I was a commercial customer.  I emailed her back telling her I was a consumer wanting to know about gluten free.  She told me all their products are gluten free and asked for my phone number.  Just as I was going to bed last night she phoned from Milan.  She had excellent English. She also sent me another email today with more information.  I have not had time to open this yet.

Unfortunately, when we were in the supermarket today we looked for both the tomatoes and baked beans and neither were available but I am quite sure they will come in again some time.

12 comments:

  1. The best service I ever had back in the UK was from Kenwood. I needed to replace a bit on the mixer, and phoned the company. I explained over the phone where the piece was, and what it looked like, and they put it in the post with the very small bill. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great - it is always good to get great service especially these days.

      Delete
  2. We are so thankful when this happens, and should not be amazed at all. So often it is the other way. I am so glad your phone problems are all fixed.Too hot down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just waiting for the new screen protector now - it should be delivered tomorrow. Yes, that service should be automatic. It did get hot this afternoon but is nice now. Where my stepdaughter is in N.S.W. It is in the late 30's - way too hot for me.

      Delete
  3. It's uplifting to read about good customer services. I'm often frustrated, so before contacting the service, I'll google the problem and sometimes get quick, good answers that help me solve whatever issue I have at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice when good customer service occurs? It's almost like a gift, but really should just be standard fare. It's rather remarkable that the woman in Milan rang you to answer your question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when she asked for my phone number I gave her my cellphone as I thought perhaps she wanted to text me for some reason. I couldn't believe she would phone but she did.

      Delete
  5. Good news on both counts Susan!
    I’ll keep my eyes open for the Italian tomatoes.
    Do you shop at Park n Save?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop at New World but, of course, they and Pak n Save are both Foodstuffs. I must try Pak n Save tomorrow. The tomatoes are Bella Napoli. I prefer the crushed ones both are in a blue tin with Italian tomatoes on it. Doug prefers their baked beans to the usual varieties.

      Delete
  6. You don't often get good service on the phone, especially these days when it's difficult to understand peoples accents in other countries, sounds like they have improved things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was lucky to get a man. The previous day I had a call from another company and it was an Asian lady with a very high pitched voice and strong accent. I could not understand her at all. I always find lower pitched voices are easier to understand.

      Delete