Saturday, January 5, 2019

Another Good Day.

A beautiful morning for going to the Growers' Market and then walking Sophie at the Town Basin.

We then did a quick supermarket shop (didn't need much as there is still lots of food in the fridge and garden).  It was then home for breakfast and time to pick the vegetables and then water them.


I then made up a batch of food for Sophie which comprises rice, unflavoured soup mix, coconut and coconut oil, turmeric, dates, grated kumara, carrots and beetroot and oats.  I do a large pot full - two thirds is frozen for later use and one third kept in the fridge for her.  While I did this Doug worked on our front gate which had started to stick this morning.

Yesterday, Doug had a call from one of his nephews to see if we would like some fish so we went for a drive and, after spending time catching up on the news we came home with 4.75 kg of  filleted and boned Cod.  We have just had some for our main meal at 4.30 (likely to be our only meal apart from breakfast) and the rest has been parcelled up and frozen.  It has been a lovely sunny day and I will go out shortly and water the flower garden (I water the vegies in the morning and flowers at night).

8 comments:

  1. I like your Trug; and how nice to know someone who offers you nearly 5 kilos of Cod. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up I always imagined that everyone had a Trug. Mine was made at the north of the South Island. I suppose you still have the family one.

      Delete
    2. Good lord no! I now use French plastic Trugs; not at all the same, but very useful.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is giving so much, wonderful goodies, there is something about home grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity you are not closer as you will not have a garden in yet. I am sure friends will be sharing their surplus though.

      Delete
  3. Gosh you're good with your veges, it's been too hot here but me to plant anymore, might wait till it gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice haul. How lovely to have a fish hook-up, no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete