Monday, January 7, 2019

Le Cafe de Paris

My cell phone went dead yesterday for the third time in a month and so I took it into 2 Degrees today for it to be sent for repair or replacement.  As this was close to  le Cafe de Paris we decided to there for an early lunch.  It is owned by the daughter and French son-in-law of Shane  from Roses, Lace and Brocante blog.  We have been there before but it was only last week that Shane mentioned it was her daughter's cafe. 

Once again we had a delicious pot of tea.  We like the fact that they have china cups and a quirky teapot.  Tea is always better from a proper cup not a coffee cup.  Doug had the burger once again but this time the French version.  He declared it "the best ever".  I had a Galette again - this time with mushrooms and it was delicious.   I was pleased to see it was busy and Shane's daughter said it had been busy over Christmas which is good. 

They moved here from France 16 months ago and opened the cafe in April.  Good to see it doing so well.

18 comments:

  1. That is nice to have the blog connection with the cafe you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the first time we went there we didn't know the connection.

      Delete
  2. Yum. I love a good galette. The cafe sounds a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A café meal is still a treat for me. My older Samsung phone was losing the battery charge, so with a marvellous online special, splurged out on a new S9. The old phone with a new battery has gone to a new home, and is working well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great phone. Mine is just a J3 - my first smart phone as I resisted getting one. Now I have trouble without it. Found it easier to use than the loan phone.

      Delete
  4. It's 'Galette' season here, but ours are sweet, with a frangipane filling. They are delicious. I resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one to try if we get to Whangarei

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cafe sounds really nice. Glad you enjoyed your tea and galette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was spur of the moment when we realised we were nearby. A nice treat.

      Delete
  7. Oh I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals.
    I thought you would enjoy the mushroom crepe!
    Thank you for giving them a “shout out”, they will appreciate that Susan!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat "fast food" so it is good to find somewhere with good well prepared natural food.

      Delete
  8. I read Shane's post, and I am so pleased to know that you have been and know and like her daughter's cafe. Hope that others follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so nice to come across a good restaurant where everything comes out perfect. It is lovely that you found it because of another blogger, Shane.

    ReplyDelete